Narration research in the delicate balance between (counter-) public spheres, media manipulation and propaganda
MEMBER IN THE JOINT ACADEMIC PARTNERSHIP
Prof. Dr. Oliver Hahn
Professor Oliver Hahn, PhD, is Professor of Journalism and Vice-Dean for Internationalization and Research in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at the University of Passau, Germany. He is specialized in international comparative research of journalism, media and communication. He serves as Co-Vice-Chair of the Journalism Research and Education (JRE) section of the International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) and as Liaison Officer to the World Journalism Education Council (WJEC).
- Narration research in the delicate balance between (counter-) public spheres, media manipulation and propaganda
- Panama Papers and football leaks. The way in which international research associations and publishing networks are transforming investigative journalism.
- Being German as a framed narrative? A constructive systemic approach.
- Ethical dimensions of immersive journalism
- Mass Media and Governance: Issues and Challenges to Free Press in contemporary Pakistan
Prof. Dr. Natascha Zowislo-Grünewald
Institut for organisational communication.
Bundeswehr University Munich
Thorsten Vellmerk has been working for the Bundeswehr (Federal Armed
Forces) since 2004, and currently serves as an Officer at the Army Concepts
and Capabilities Development Centre. As part of his officer training, he
successfully graduated from the Bundeswehr University with the Bachelor’s
degree “Economy and Journalism” followed by the Master’s degree “Media
and Management”. He is working part time on a doctorate via the BayWISS
Joint Academic Partnership Communication and is supervised by Dr Oliver
Hahn and Dr Zowislo-Grünewald.
His doctoral project examines foreign propaganda during hybrid warfare. Here
the focus lies on analysing recipients and narrations.